Wednesday, March 30, 2011

FML



I am moving to a new apartment this month! It has two bedrooms so Kyle and I will have more space for our growing possessions.
Also, we like the idea of having an extra "surprise room".
Mainly because I am the worst at taking my birth control on time and we both know it!
Why is it only my responsibility to keep us fetus free until after college?
Men.
Maybe I am careless or maybe I am excited to expand my family someday without the addition having whiskers or fins.
But I forget.
Is that weird?
Anyhow...this new place has carpet instead of the hardwood in our current apartment.
Goldmark wants us to get our cat declawed...which is painful and demeaning I feel.
Especially since my cat is house trained not to claw and never has.
So today I had the lovely task of attempting to put caps on my cat's claws.

Ouch.

One foot at a time I struggled to get a single cap on.
Finally I released Molly and she immediately took a dump on the livingroom floor.
As if to say, "Good Luck--Try again later bitch' and promptly galloped under the bed.

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha perhaps you should use a different form of birth control? Like one of those implant thingies? (I know, sounds painful)
    Personally I consider declawing an inhumane practice as it cuts of the knuckles, not just claws. What a lot of people don't realize too is that declawing often leads to a cat with litter box problems (especially if done later in life) because it hurts to grind their claw-less paws into the litter. They associate the pain with the box and stop using it. I'm glad your trying something different! Nail caps I've heard are awesome, once you get them on.. :P Will catnip or a mild herbal sedative calm her down enough for you? Good luck!

    ReplyDelete