Saturday, February 26, 2011

Irritable Bitch Syndrome

Have you ever been in a nasty situation you couldn't rational your way out of?
That's exactly what renewing my apartment lease is like.
Not because I don't love my current apartment...I do love it!
Furnished with hardwood floors, a spacious dining and living room, and the quietest neighbors a college student could ask for... I love it!
But I find myself asking the question:
"What does it matter, when none of your family or friends can enjoy it with you?"
I can't go home because I am not a quitter, but I can't stay here either, it's much too far from home.
Central Washington University has a flight program opening up and that's only five hours from my hometown and Kyle could transfer there. SHOULD TRANSFER THERE.

But says he doesn't want to start all over at square one. Moving is costly and obnoxious.
But my behavior of resentment towards him for keeping me away from "my people" is awful.
Really awful. What do I do?!!!
On the upside, one of my subscribers commented some nice places to visit this summer, given the mosquitoes don't eat me alive. :)
Also I had a pretty fun time last night, some co-workers invited me to their apartment for cards and let me tell you! Four am is a pretty great time to finally snuggle into bed with my husband after being trapped like a paroled jailbird for eight months.
Great night! Those girls don't know who they were saving but I'm glad they did.
After all, my poor pillow can only take so much screaming into!

1 comment:

  1. Haha was that me? I know some more fun places that are a bit more of a drive but not too far. Mosquitoes are definitely an issue, but they go in and out of being horrible (one year horrible, one year not bad). Put up some bat houses and encourage the local swallow and dragonfly population and they won't be that bad (that's another cool thing about kelly slough, if you go while the swallows are out, they eat every last bug that could bite you). :P If you can survive in this town you can survive anywhere. It's a nice challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete