Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Forget-Me-Not

I'm not sure if it is supposed to be this way or not. Are relationships about sticking together and being comfortable and doing your best to make it through all the obstacles life has to throw your way? Or is it about finding that person that makes life's obstacles seem like no big thing? Sometimes I feel like the first is settling, like there is someone or something better out there and it shouldn't be this hard. That brings me to the second option-which seems too romantic and delusional to me at times. Is there really a prince charming out there somewhere? Or is there just a regular guy doing his best and yeah,arguing along the way.
Sometimes I feel like the luckiest girl in the world, I have an attractive, kind, motivated husband. But sometimes, like when my mother visits and tells me that we bicker too much and it drives her insane to even be around us, I feel like maybe we are holding each other back from great things/ happy ever after.
Does that even exist? I know relationships are never easy, but at what point do they become too much work? Is it like when you meet "the one" type of deal where you just wake up and know they are not Mr. Right? Am I expecting too much to want dishes done and flowers outside of February 14th? Is that just a womanly fantasy, a myth? I wish I knew...

1 comment:

  1. Actually I'm with your mom on this one. It gets reeeaaaally hard for me not to step in and tell you both to shut up and take a chill pill. I think you both argue way too much. But at the same time it's also clear you love each other. Maybe try to get some counseling, it's not weakness to ask for some help, especially if it makes both of you live happier lower stress lives. Also, think about how those around you feel about it (I'm not talking about myself lol). I've noticed Oliver gets agitated when you two are yelling at each other in the bedroom. If you get a dog in the future, it will be much much more affected (as I said Balfour barks more the more tension he senses) and a child, well you know.
    Dishes and flowers might be somewhat of a dream with most guys, but being together without arguing or getting irritated is definitely within grasp and worth working for! I'm sure you guys can do it.

    ReplyDelete