Sunday, January 8, 2012

Breath In-Breath Out


Back from "vacationing" in Washington and Oregon. I told Kyle how morbid it is to be that we have only spent twenty eight days total the past two years HOME. Can you believe how many students leave out of state for college every year? Brave is all they are! How many human beings spend the majority of their year away from family, friends, and their favorite things, all left behind for education?
This had all better be worth it someday! (OK I know it will be)
The oddest feeling overwhelms me whenever I go home, it's like I've been holding my breath all year and suddenly..no matter what plans I've made for the holiday turn sour-everything is going to be alright for once.
No one is going to say my clothes are weird.-they've seen better and worse!
No one is going to make a face at me when I remind them I am a vegetarian.-they take me grocery shopping to make sure I feel at home and am well fed!
No one is going to miss my party-because everyone in the room LOVES me.
Yes once a year everyone in the room loves me. They would give me a kidney, they would let me cry on their shoulder, they would pick me up from the mall if my car died.
I am so grateful for my family and friends! I miss them so much already-I miss fitting in already.
School starts tomorrow and maybe I will meet another Erin Paulson or another Nickala Squire.
But if I don't I will know deep down that I do fit in somewhere, and that I am loved, and that in the grand scheme of things I am ok.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe everyone else is off/out and you are the only one who fits? Ever thought of the other side? One day whether you are home or not you will not care what others think... but that takes time and a bit of practice. Happy first few days of school!

    ReplyDelete