Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Sigh of Relief

My nutrition teacher, whom also happens to be Nickala's mom..small world, assigned us a 10 day nutrition journal. A tool to help students learn about their specific diet and what changes cold be made about our diets using the info she teaches in our class. I think the most relieving thing about this strange family connection/coincidence, is that I now know a little more about my teacher's lifestyle and that she probably won't be as judgmental about my vegetarian lifestyle as I had originally feared.
Not that Mrs.Moody seemed judgmental...actually she is very kind and humorous and empathetic. But the Midwest is a different culture, as I have mentioned before, and I was really worried some of my instructors would be weary if they discovered through various assignments or discussions that I am relatively an oddball here in MN/ND.
But my teacher has visited the Amazon! ...and her daughter is alot like me. So...maybe this journal won't be so nerve racking after all. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hehehe I was just thinking how similar we were too. Seriously, was I really raised here? Haha I don't know why most people are so closed minded here.
    By the way.... that's not the only cool place we've been.... ;)

    ReplyDelete