Saturday, November 17, 2012

The Writer Within>?

I am really frustrating myself! I write "good" drafts of short stories aka things I set out to be "book quality" but that I lose interest in too quickly. I have about thirty mini stories, that are all interesting until about fifteen pages in and I save it on my laptop--reread it about a hundred times and then finally move onto another. I don't know what holds me back or why I just lose interest. I either start to get too dramatic, too detail oriented, or I drag a concept out too far! Have you ever read The Clan of the Cave bear? Well the author is a great aunt of mine. Yeah, does that tell you ANYTHING? She spent an entire chapter describing tools! But then again the series was very popular...they even made a movie. In fact a friend of mine is named after the character Ayla. To be honest I've never met my great aunt...she was a recluse I think--too involved in her career perhaps? I don't really know, no one in my family talks about her. Anyhow, long story short I never finished her books either. I guess I read like I write?

1 comment:

  1. Still can't believe your aunt wrote that. Haha although I must say the second book was a little much. And anyone who read it will know what I mean lol! I know what you mean though I have SO many ideas and partial books. They're fun even if they don't go anywhere. So keep it up!

    ReplyDelete